LaundryMan International (“we“ or ”us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of its customers and contacts.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us when you visit the LaundryMan website at www.laundry-man.com (“Site”) or use the LaundryMan App (“App”) or when you use the LaundryMan service (“Service”). We are the “data controller” in respect of any personal data that we collect from or hold about you.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site, by using the App, by participating in our competitions or promotions or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit the Site or use the App we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site or the App (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to register you as a new customer, on the basis that it is necessary for us to do so to provide the Service to you;
- to carry out our obligations to you and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract we have with you;
- to notify you about changes to our Service, on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you and necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting and marketing our goods and services, managing our Site and/or providing a better service for our customers;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our Service:
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our Service;
- to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our Service and growing our business;
- to use your name and photograph in publicity related to any of our competitions or promotions if you are a winner, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our Service and growing our business but only if you have expressly consented to our doing so and you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us.
You can always opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us, and all future marketing and promotional communications will also contain a simple way to opt out of receiving such further communications from us. We will get your express consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to provide the Service in accordance with our contract with you;
- to administer the Site and manage the App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site and/or the App and to ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site and the App safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you on the Site or the App;
- to provide suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site and the App about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to publicise your participation in our competitions or promotions by using your name and photograph in any media, but only if we have your express consent to do so which you can withdraw at any time by emailing us.
In each case, we will do so on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract we have with you and for our legitimate interests in improving the Site, the App and/or the Service and for our legitimate interests in promoting the Service and/or our business.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes and on the basis set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, on the basis that it is necessary to perform the contract that we have with you or for our legitimate interests in managing our business and improving the Service.
- Analytics, technical developers and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and/or the App, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in doing so.
- Advertisers that require the data to select appropriate advertising content for the Site or the App. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Dubai Marina).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests, as follows:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LaundryMan International or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our trusted providers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site or the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site or the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we retain personal data
- If you contact us through the Site or the App but do not enter into a contract with us, we will normally delete your personal data after 2 years.
- If you become a customer of ours, we normally retain contract information (including personal data) for six years after the end of the relevant contract, or for longer where we need to do so for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or where we are required by law to retain it for a longer period.
- In certain case, it may not be physically possible to delete certain data (for instance, where it is stored on a secure external server), in which case we will take appropriate steps to ensure that it is not available for re-use or disclosure to third parties.
As a data subject you have certain legal rights subject to certain exceptions under the applicable Data Protection legislation including:
- the right to access the personal data held about you;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to withdraw at any time any consent you have given to receive marketing material from us, or in any other case where we process your personal data on the basis of a consent that you have given (and not on some other legal basis);
- the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data about you;
- the right to ask for the restriction of personal data concerning yourself that is inaccurate, unlawfully processed or no longer required;
- the right to ask for the transfer of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format where the processing is based on your consent;
- the right to ask for the erasure of personal data concerning yourself where processing is no longer necessary or the legitimate interests we have in processing your personal data are overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms as the data subject; and
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time to your name or image being used in connection with any of our competitions or promotions for publicity purposes.
You can exercise any of your rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
The Site or the App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
LaundryMan International is registered in the UAE.